3rd Annual "Steel Summit" Conference
October 8, 2012
Embassy Suites O'Hare Rosemont
Steel Market Update 3rd Annual Steel Summit Conference will once again be held the day prior to the opening of METALCON. This year, SMU's conference will provide forecast for the general economy as well as industry specific and steel forecast. We will have a panel discussing volatility and its impact on the steel industry through the perspective of a mill, importers, scrap company and international analyst. Our Steel Summit will then look at the changes taking place in the service center industry and the opportunities and challenges they face. Our last panel will provide the mill's view of the changing industry and what they will do to survive into 2013 and beyond. Industry leaders from all over the country will be speaking at this conference. This will be an event you don't want to miss.
You can register by clicking here or register through METALCON; we are program SP2 on their website (Special Program #2).
"The insight and balance of the day's presenters left me with a very comprehensive view of the steel business and feeling well prepared to face the challenges ahead." - Darren Occleston Vicwest/Westeel
||Embassy Suites O'Hare Rosemont
||October 8, 2012
||$395 (US) Discounts Available
"Proud to have been a sponsor!" Gary Roberts, Pacesetter Steel Service, Inc.
Steel Summit Conference
Atlanta, GA 2011
Speakers & Topics:
1st Panel: Economic & Steel Industry Forecast
- Zbyszko Tabernacki, CFA, Vice President, Country and Industry Research and Forecasting at IHS
Mr. Tabernacki will provide a macro-economist view of the world and the U.S. economies
- Timna Tanners, Steel and Materials Analyst, Bank of America Merrill Lynch Research
Ms. Tanners, just selected the top metals and mining analyst by Greenwich Associates, will provide her view of the steel industry and 2013 forecast
- John Anton, Manager, IHS Global Insight's Steel Service
Mr. Anton will provide an economist's view of the North American steel industry and various critical market segments as well as his forecast for 2013
2nd Panel: Volatility & Its Impact on the Steel Industry
- David Phelps – President, American Institute for International Steel (AIIS)
Mr. Phelps will discuss how volatility has impacted foreign imports into the U.S. as well as its impact on importing companies
- Paul Lowrey, Managing Director, Steel Research Associates
Mr. Lowrey, who specializes in consulting steel mills and larger steel related companies, will review how volatility has changed the face of the industry and where he sees the challenges ahead.
- Jerry Nelson, General Manager, Commercial, RG Steel
Mr. Nelson will provide a view seldom seen in a conference program as he views volatility through the eyes of a mill
- Rich Brady, OmniSource, Executive Vice President, Ferrous Group, OmniSource
Mr. Brady will discuss volatility and its impact on the scrap and steel markets
- Aldo Mazzaferro, Analyst, Macquarie Securities
Mr. Mazzaferro will look at volatility from an international perspective and how the world is impacting the North American steel industry
3rd Panel: The Changing Face of the Service Center Industry
- Jeremy Flack, President & CEO, Flack Steel
Mr. Flack will provide insights into how volatility in the markets has created an opportunity for his service center using HR Futures and other derivatives
- Aviva Leebow, Vice President, Pacesetter Steel Service Inc.
Ms. Leebow, 2nd generation has a unique perspective on the changes, challenges and opportunities which are impacting her service center
- Russ Delaney, President Flat Rolled, Kloeckner Metals
Mr. Delaney has an interesting perspective as Macsteel & Namasco have combined to become the new Kloeckner Metals
4th Panel: Mill View of the Changing Industry – How Will They Survive & Prosper into 2013 & Beyond
- Bob Holt, Senior Vice President, Commercial, ThyssenKrupp Steel USA
Mr. Holt will discuss the still new ThyssenKrupp steel mill in Calvert, AL – their successes since their start-up and the challenges ahead.
- Greg Goad, General Manager, Commercial, Severstal NA
Mr. Goad will provide unique insights as their two steel mills (Dearborn & Columbus) have undergone major expansions over the past twelve months.
- Akhil Dutta, Regional Sales Director, U.S. Sales, Essar Steel Algoma Inc.
Mr. Dutta will speak to the growth of Essar Steel both in Canada and in the United States