Attending METALCON? Attend Our Steel Summit Conference as well
If you, or your company, are thinking about attending METALCON or have already made plans to visit Atlanta in October for METALCON then you will want to include our Construction & Steel Summit conference in your plans.
On October 10th – the day before METALCON officially opens – Steel Market Update will conduct our second annual “Steel Summit” conference at the World Congress Center. Last year’s conference exceeded our expectations as approximately 175 attendees enjoyed presentations from various steel related segments of the community.
This year we have strengthened and expanded our program:
Economic & Steel Trends/Forecasting: What does the economy hold for 2012?
• Timna Tanners, Steel & Materials Analyst, Bank or America Merrill Lynch Research
• John Anton, Manager, IHS Global Insight Steel Service
• Peter Wright, Special Consultant to Gerdau
Current Industry Issues: Sharing the Wealth – Scrap & Raw Materials Analysis; the China Affect on Prices; Moving Metal – Trucking & Logistics Issues
• Jim Ruiz, Senior Vice President, PLS Logistics
• Ben Abrams, CEO, Consolidated Scrap
• Paul Shellman, Principle Consultant, Wainscott Commodities Inc.
Steel Mill Roundtable: Factors Shaping the Industry into 2012
• Tom Marchak, Vice President , Commercial, Severstal NA
• Jerry Richardson, General Director, CSN
• Rick Blume, General Manager, Commercial, Nucor
• Jim Banker, Executive Vice President, Commercial, NLMK USA
• Special Moderator: Joe Innace, Global Editorial Director, Platts Steel Markets Daily/Steel Business Briefing
Also speaking: John Packard, Publisher, Steel Market Update
Besides the program listed above our conferences are excellent networking opportunities as we attract steel people from all levels and from across the industry: manufacturers, service centers, trading companies, steel mills, builders, hot rolled futures brokers, members of the financial community.
Lunch will be included as will breaks and our complimentary cocktail/networking reception.
Cost for the conference is $300 per person with a $50 per person discount provided to Steel Market Update company members.
Registration is through the METALCON website (www.metalcon.com) and our program is SP2 (special program #2). If you have any difficulties with the METALCON registration site you can contact Suzanne at 617-965-0055 ext 126. If you have already registered you can go back online and add our program to your registration by logging in with the password sent to you when you first registered. If you have any issues contact Suzanne at the number shown above.
We look forward to seeing you on Monday, October 10th in Atlanta.