ArcelorMittal Employee Injured At Burns Harbor Plant
Steel Market Update received the following statement from ArcelorMittal regarding the accident occurring at the Burns Harbor plant:-
On Friday evening, an ArcelorMittal Burns Harbor employee was injured at the facility's D furnace.
- The employee was transported to The University of Chicago Medical Center.
- The health and safety of our employees remains our top priority, and our thoughts are with the employee and his family.
- ArcelorMittal has notified the appropriate authorities and launched a joint investigation with the Union to determine the cause of the incident.
- The incident did not impact our operations or our ability to serve customers.
- There is no further information to share at this time.