ArcelorMittal reports that a portion of its mill in Calvert, Ala., suffered minor damage over the weekend due to a small, localized tornado related to Hurricane Nate. The company halted production on Friday night for safety reasons, but resumed operations Sunday afternoon.
AM/NS Suffers Minor Tornado Damage
No injuries were reported, and there was no damage to production lines or equipment. Warehouse and administration buildings did suffer some minor exterior damage.
“We are fortunate that after weathering Hurricane Nate, we expect no impact on AM/NS Calvert’s ability to meet customer demand,” said a company spokesman.
Free Trial. No Credit Card Required:
- Steel Industry Newsletter Published 3 Times Per Week
- Current & Historical Steel & Scrap Pricing Data
- Access to Members Only Sections of the Website
- Actionable Market Intelligence
- We appreciate your privacy and never sell or share your contact information
Tim Triplett is the executive editor of Steel Market Update. Tim joined SMU after 20 years as editor-in-chief of Metal Center News Magazine. A journalist and business writer for 40 years, Tim holds an MBA from Aurora University. Tim can be reached at Tim@SteelMarketUpdate.com or by phone at 630-513-5916.Website: https://www.steelmarketupdate.com