Nominations for the 2nd annual SMU NexGen Leadership Award, sponsored by the Steel Manufacturers Association, close on Aug. 1. There’s still plenty of time to make your nominations!
The award is designed to recognize and celebrate the excellence of emerging leaders within the greater steel community.
And every qualifying nominee will be given a free place at this year’s SMU Steel Summit Virtual Conference.
The winner will also receive:
- A mentorship day with Chuck Schmitt, President of SSAB Americas;
- A free place at one of the SMU Steel Workshops;
- And a free place at the 2021 SMU Steel Summit.
So why wait? Reward your young talent by nominating them today
Nominating is easy. Simply complete a Word document defining what distinguishes the nominee as a NextGen leader, and upload it here.
What makes a great nomination?
Nominations should give clear examples of how the nominee has demonstrated excellence and leadership. All nominations will be judged on the following criteria and only those nominations that give solid examples of the below will be considered “Qualifying Nominations”:
- Identified ways to improve processes or service delivery
- Implemented change in a creative manner
- Inspired and encouraged professional and personal development in self and others
- Contributed to the success of an initiative that benefited those outside his/her own department
- Assisted in attracting other young people into the industry
- Recognized by peers as a positive force within the company
- Outstanding contributions toward completing a successful project and/or a change management program
This is a great opportunity to shine the light on the hard work of the people in your organization and celebrate it with the greater steel industry.
Give your staff the recognition they deserve and nominate now.
John Packard, President & CEO, Steel Market Update
Dominic Halahan, Portfolio Director, CRU
Brett LintonRead more from Brett Linton
Latest in Steel Products
Northwest Pipe earnings decline in Q4, FY2023
Northwest Pipe posted lower earnings in the fourth quarter as the company said it faced significant challenges in its steel pressure pipe (SPP) and precast businesses in full-year 2023.
Active US rig count rises to 5-month high, Canada level
The number of active rigs in the US inched up to the highest level seen since September, according to the latest data from Baker Hughes.
US HRC is just $42/st more expensive than imports
The premium US hot-rolled coil (HRC) held over offshore product for roughly five months has nearly vanished. Domestic hot band prices continue to run downhill at a high rate, erasing a $300/st gap they had over imported HRC just two months ago.
Nucor slashes plate prices by $90/st
Nucor Corp. announced that its plate mill group would cut prices for as-rolled, discrete, and normalized plate with the opening of its April order book.
Leibowitz: The future of WTO dispute settlement in the MC 13 conference
This week, the World Trade Organization (WTO) ministerial conference convenes in Abu Dhabi, UAE. There are many issues on the WTO’s plate. The question is whether any resolution of these matters is likely or even possible. One of the most important issues is the future of the dispute settlement system, which has been rendered impotent […]