Steel Market Update will conduct our next Steel 101: Introduction to Steel Making & Market Fundamentals workshop, a virtual event, on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 11-12.
This workshop was conducted in person for many years and has trained more than 1,000 individuals within the steel industry. We took the workshop into our virtual platform in December 2020 and have now successfully conducted two virtual classes to rave reviews.
“I learned so much at your workshop. I am thankful I had the opportunity to attend. I loved that I was able to go back and review the videos and download the notes for the videos. Also, I loved that I was able to download the PowerPoints as well. Thanks for all the hard work!” Ashley Barnes, Product Specialist, O’Neal Steel LLC
Workshop attendees will be exposed to the following topics (and more):
- Understand how steel is made (flat and long)
- Understand where steel is used
- Understand the fundamentals that drive steel market pricing
- Understand how you can navigate the market
- Understand the raw materials used in steelmaking
- Understand the melting and casting process
- Understand the rolling processes for both flat and long products
- Understand the coating process for hot dipped products
- Understand quality issues that affect steel
- Understand the differences between fully integrated and minimills
- Understand how steel is bought and sold
- Understand the potential risks in the steel supply chain
- Understand available data, tools and resources
John PackardRead more from John Packard
Latest in Steel Products
Rig count: US, Canada counts edge up as weather cools down
Active rotary rigs in the US and Canada are up for the second consecutive week, according to Baker Hughes.
Heating and cooling equipment shipments fall with season change in October
October saw domestic heating and cooling equipment shipments drop for a second consecutive month, according to the latest data released from the Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
CRU: More aluminum producers prioritize decarbonization: Industry shift towards sustainability
The LME Aluminum 3-month price is moving up again on the morning of Dec. 8 and was last seen trading at $2,157 per metric ton. The way the price increased first thing in the morning suggests a support may have finally been found, but resistance could hit quickly at $2,200 /metric ton. SHFE cash was […]
SMU survey: Direction of mill lead times mixed on holiday season lull
Movements in lead times were mixed in SMU’s check of the market this week – a reflection of the seasonal dip in ordering that is typically seen during the winter holiday season.
Steel shipments bounce back in October
American steel mills sent out more tons of steel in October than the previous month, according to the latest monthly data from the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI). Domestic mills shipped 7,346,373 net tons in October, up 1.3% from the 7,252,942 tons sent out in September. Shipments were also up 1.9% compared to the […]